Medifin Financial Services - Eyethu Funeral Plan
Medifin Financial Services offers affordable funeral insurance tailored for our diverse and unique South African people.
The Eyethu Funeral Plan provides funeral cover that gives you peace of mind, coupled with excellent service. Our plan is an affordable alternative and makes understanding and purchasing funeral insurance easy. This is a plan for the people, by the people whom understand financial needs in times when it is most needed.
Medifin Financial Services provides affordable funeral cover to finance funeral expenses in the unfortunate event of death. This funeral solution offers the peace of mind and financial assistance you need.
With the Eyethu Funeral Plan, policyholders can cover themselves, their spouse(s) or partner, their children, parents, parents-in-law and extended family members. We have relaxed our definition of family to allow for families headed by children or grandparents, to accommodate all South African cultures and traditions as far as possible. We also respect cultures that observe the practice of polygamy, and allow more than one spouse to be covered. If a spouse becomes widowed, the deceased spouse’s brother may opt to continue as the main member and cover may continue at the same or increased level as prior to the passing of the deceased spouse. This for instance is to recognise the African custom that the brother of a deceased widow takes responsibility of his deceased brother’s family.
The Eyethu Funeral Plan is flexible and allows policyholders to choose cover for their specific needs. Our Funeral Plan offers many special benefits in addition to the basic cover. Examples of this includes Cash Back benefit after every 24 premiums paid.
All products are underwritten by Guardrisk, an Authorised Financial Services Provider (Guardrisk)
Core benefits inlcude:
- Life assured Benefit
- Spouse Benefit
- Parent Benefit
- Child Benefit
- Abazala Benefit
- Benefit Changes
Additional Benefits inlcude:
- Grocery Benefit
- Education Benefit
- Airtime Benefit
- Premium Break
- Cash Back Benefit
- Legacy Benefit
- Abadala Paid - up Benefit
R 10,00 p.m.
- Provides payments of R900 over a period of 6 months when the main member/spouse dies, to be used for grocery expenses.
- Provides payments of over a period of 12 months when the main member/spouse dies, to be used for education expenses.
Airtime Redemption Benefit
- Provides R250 airtime when a person dies, to help with making funeral arrangements.
- The policyholder may miss up to 9 premiums over the life of the policy, without the plan lapsing, subject to certain limits.
- If your plan lapses, you may re-instate it under certain conditions.
Premium Waiver Benefit
- Subject to waiting period if death not accidental. Cover continues . A.
Cash Back Benefit
- Up to 50% Cash back on premiums for every 24 premiums paid consecutively.
Abadala Paid-Up Benefit
- When the policyholder turns 65, premiums may be stopped but the insured may continue to enjoy cover. Sminimum of 10